Sunday, July 13, 2008

Duo-Core Dynamo Dilemma


I do appreciate my laptop computer. The Macbook Pro is one of the most significant investments of my twenties. I bought it in February of 2006. It has served me well for 2.5 years. I believe it has been an adequate performer for the tasks I set it to.

There has been three instances when this computer let me down:

1. The cd/dvd drive failed to burn media. They techs had it for two weeks.
2. When the external drive failed and I lost all of my media and docs.
3. The hard drive and logic board failed. The techs have had the computer for two weeks now.

At the moment, I have a very long paper due and I just started a new job where the use of a computer that I have tailored fit to my skill-set is necessary.

I would hope Apple would provide a computer to use whilst my computer was being repaired. I could load my backup file with time machine onto the loaner computer and it would be my tailored fit computer. I would use it for the duration of the repair. Wipe the the drive clean and return it to Apple.

This is my petition to Apple, please think about your long-time customers who have helped you build the company to its' current position.

If you are reading my entry, this is my first for a while. My computer is on lock at Apple.

I freaked out when I knew I wasn't going to get my macbook pro back. So I purchased this in a moment of weakness.

No comments:

Search This Blog